Friday, September 11, 2015

YARD SALE # 2

http://iblong2.Me.blogspot.com/


Tomorrow's Yard Sale is going to outfit 3 families,  me, then next door and then the next door after that !!    


by: Kat ( Mary ) Carlson  _  author/publisher



We are ALL gearing up for a rip roaring three family yard sale.  The weather man has been kind in that the predicted temperature will only be 90 degrees F.   Oh,  lucky,  lucky us.  Because you see,  already this week we've had 100 - 104 degree weather.  My thoughtful next door neighbor loaned me his very large patio umbrella.  I just finished rounding up a nice stand for it.  That's a 
gift,  I didn't expect,  ............. thank you, Chuck!


So,  in less than 20 hours,  folks will be pulling up next to our drive-ways,  and "looking for "treasures",  as they say,  they can't live without.  Lots of people,  remark,  I don't  see anything I can't live without!  Ojai is a really wonderful, Garage Sale, Yard Sale paradise.  We are a simple folk,  yep, that we are.  These kinds of activities also bring us together on weekends,  affording us the chance to say "hey"...................:)


You know,  country living is the real deal!   We call a spade a spade !   So,  when you "click" with
your neighbors,  that's something special !!   The size of a town calls for genuine representation of one's self.   RIGHT ? 


Which brings me to a anecdote,  an relative remarked to me,  after I reported to him that my Sale is tomorrow,  well,  Mary,  I'll "pray" that it is successful.  That kind of remark,  made me very upset,  and now,  after putting it aside for a day,  ( I practice waiting on clarity when I get upset like that ) so a few moments ago,  I got a glimpse of this "happy" concept ,  truth will out,  I do live for each moment of each and everyday.   That is key  for me to have a strong value system.  First things first.   Enjoy the moment !   So,  when I arrange this type of deal,  the fun is in preparing,   signs,   setting up,  meeting & greeting.    It's a wonderful experience.    I haven't actually given much thought to how much I'll derive monetarily.  I've prepared,   so,  I know,  it will be adequate, or more.   So-be-it !    I exchanged a life of anxiety ( oh yes,  I was EXTREMELY anxious for most of my life),  but not anymore.  ( Sigh)  Now,  it's full of richness and wealth of a different kind. 


I know I am going to enjoy tomorrow !!  Because I enjoy "TODAY",  so,  it's in-the-bag!  That is not-to-say,  "Life is Predictable",  uh uh,  not so much ! 


I plan on taking pictures of the festivities.  Now,  ..... the weatherman could be nice and surprise us with "cooler" weather,  huh?  ...  The three families involved are getting this together for the very first time.  Y-a-a-a-a-y !!  Picture time on my blog/post coming up soon.  Stop by and visit !!!!  I'll take your picture ....................:)


Happy Trails 


 (_ A Wink & a Smile_) ......................................................................:)


 

1 comment: