Tuesday, September 8, 2015

MEINER'S OAKS

http://iblong2Me.blogspot.com

Do you know the way to MEINER'S OAKS ?? 


by: Kat (Mary ) Carlson  _ author/publisher


Maybe I should start with I am having the best time tonight,  laughing my "fool" head off.  I tell myself,  they're coming to take me away,  tra la !............................:)   Does it matter,  I say,  "NO",
a resounding "NO"  !!!  LIFE is just a bowl of cherries !  Got to pop some popcorn,  I'll be back
soon. 


I'm back,  where was I ?  Oh yes,  Meiner's Oaks.   Quaint little town of Meiner's Oaks.
Today I went to M.O. to catch the trolley,  only to discover when I arrived that this is LABOR DAY,  no can do.  Here are some pictures I took of a favorite of everybody's.  A popular hang out for many,  many eons.

See the sign,  it has been Jolly Kone forever.  They have the best soft ice cream cones and taquitos.

Yummmmmmmmmm _  truly!  How a little place like Meiner's Oaks has supported this favorite
haunt is a mystery.  But it's a fact.  We, here in Ojai Valley adore our "lovely" towns and vistas.
Someone said to me tonight after reading me last blog ........ "you mean people actually ready that " CORNY"  stuff ?   I laughed so hard,  I answered,   " I don't know"............:) More corny stuff
below .....

How do you like us so far ?  Showing a little bit more of our main street,  El Roblar.
   
Trolleys do not run on Labor Day 

 They forgot to tell me that ! Oh well,  all's well that ends well.  I got some real nice shopping done at Ace Hardware.  And I got the "Red Carpet" treatment,  people always do there.  It's a right friendly place,  sure is ! 

Bye- bye!
 
 

1 comment: